SALVUS uses its extensive experience and network to provide suitable guidance for you in choosing the appropriate jurisdiction to match your business plans and needs.
We undertake and advise during the license application process for the authorisation of;
- Investment Firms (IFs),
- Investment Funds (including AIFs, AIFLNPs, RAIFs, UCITS),
- Investment Fund Managers (AIFMs, UCITS Managers),
- Electronic Money Institutions (EMIs).
Jurisdictions include Cyprus and other prominent European destinations such as Lithuania, Malta, Ireland and Luxemburg, along with Australia, Bahamas, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Seychelles and Singapore.
We assist our clients for the preliminary meeting with the regulator if one is required and in the preparation of all the necessary documentation required according to the regulatory framework of the chosen jurisdiction, including;
- the license application forms, the questionnaires, KYC documentation for the shareholders and directors, the organizational structure,
- the business plan and
- the supporting policies and procedures such as the Internal Operational Manual, the AML and all compliance related manuals, the order execution policy and the key information documents (KIDs) where applicable.
We ensure the incorporation of the company with the appropriate Articles and other legal matters.
SALVUS handles the whole process and communication with the regulatory authorities, right until the authorisation is complete and the license is activated.
We also advise on the acquisition of sales of Investment Firms, Investment Funds, legal entities, domains, and other business segments. Our services include the identification of a target company based on the business needs, negotiation between the parties, compliance and financial due diligence and transaction supervision.
We support Investment Firms, Investment Funds, Payment and Electronic Money Institutions (EMI) with a wide range of additional matters such as
- the appointment, registration or deletion from the register of a Tied Agent,
- or the establishment of Representative Offices or Branches in other jurisdictions.
We can support the ‘passporting’ of your license to other jurisdictions, assist in the preparation of the Cross-Border application and obtain legal opinions from the host Countries.
We look forward to being of value in covering your licensing needs. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss more.
Should you be interested to read about relevant topics on the licensing procedure of a Cyprus Investment Firm (CIF), an Investment Fund (AIF, RAIF), or an Electronic Money Institution (EMI), please visit the selected articles below:
- Cyprus, CySEC, MiFID Investment and Ancillary Services
- CySEC, Setting up a CIF, types & application fees
- CySEC CIF Application: All steps until activation
- The Upgraded Legal Framework of the Investor Compensation Fund
- The Reasons AIFM, AIF and RAIF come to Cyprus
- The Cypriot AIF: legal forms, types and requirements
- The Cypriot RAIF: substance, requirements and tax
- Cyprus, Setting up an Electronic Money Institution (EMI)
- Operate a Cyprus Electronic Money Institution (EMI)